Help with a Federal Agency

Agencies my office assists with frequently

Bureau of Citizenship & Immigration Services (formerly known as INS)

Health and Human Services (Medicare and Medicaid Issues)

Housing and Urban Development

Internal Revenue Service

Department of Defense (Military Issues)

Department of Labor

Office of Personnel Management

Social Security Administration

State Department (Visa and Passport Issues)

Veterans Affairs

One of my most important jobs as a Congressman is helping 1st District constituents with problems they may have regarding a federal agency.  My district office staff is comprised of a group of specialists that are prepared to assist you in dealing with federal agencies. 

Under the Privacy Act of 1974, I am required to obtain a written statement providing permission to obtain information from an agency on your behalf. Please know that all information provided to my office will be kept secure and confidential.  Please submit a completed authorization form (or complete the form below).  The completed form can be faxed to my district office at 215-389-4636 or mailed to:

1909 South Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA

For help with Veteran's Benefits issues, we need additional information.  Please fill out the authorization form above,and be sure to include your branch of service, dates of service, discharge status, and previous contacts you have made with other agencies when contacting my office.  We’ll work with the relevant agencies to resolve your issue in a timely manner.

Database of Federal Agencies

If you can't get an answer from a federal agency in a timely fashion, or if you feel you have been treated unfairly, my office may be able to help resolve a problem or get you the information you need. While we cannot guarantee you a favorable outcome, we will do our best to help you receive a fair and timely response to your problem.

Residents of the 1st Congressional District of Pennsylvania can contact me for assistance in dealing with federal agencies. In order to better serve you, this form will generate a printable page that you should sign and mail to my office.

Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence—such as:

  • Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
  • VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
  • Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
  • Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
  • Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved;

Please Note:

The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case.
We must have your signature to proceed with this type of request.

Authorization Form

* indicates information that you need to provide.

In accordance with the Privacy Act of 1974, I give Congressman Robert Brady and/or his staff authority to act on my behalf.

Your Information
: *
: *
: (If Applicable)
: (If Applicable)
: (if there is no case number, indicate "None") *
: *
: *
: *
: *
: *
: *


Nature of Problem
: *

Print This Form

Use the Generate Request button to produce the document to authorize my office to help you. Then sign it and mail it to the address shown on the document. Please include any other documents or material that you think would help my office help you.